Fender 40″ Guitar Amp
- All the tonal versatility you can handle in a small package with clean and overdriven tones, British and modern amp voicings and various effects including reverb, delay and more.
- Straight forward controls such as “Voice” and “FX Select” allow you to dial in your sound with the ease of just turning a knob.
- Jam along with your favorite tracks by simply plugging your MP3 player into the Auxiliary input and you instantly become part of the band and /or practice privately with the 1/8th headphone output jack that also mutes the speaker output.
- Store extra cables or other small accessories with the open back cabinet. Total impedance is 8 ohms
Fender 40″ Guitar Amp Modern technology, classic looks
With its Champion series, Fender has added a selection of affordable amplifiers to its range that combine modern transistor amplification and selected modelling capabilities with the distinctive black faceplate, control layout, and silver-grey grille cloth of the company’s classic late-1960s “Blackface” amps.
The Champion 40 is the mid-sized model in the series and, as its name suggests, delivers 40 watts of power – enough for most applications. Whether live or in the rehearsal room, the Fender Champion 40 will make sure everyone can hear you, and its modelling circuitry also provides tonal flexibility.
In terms of design, the Fender Champion 40 is a classic two-channel amp. Channel 1 is the clean channel, which features a volume control and delivers Fender’s characteristic, shimmering clean tones. Channel 2 provides crunch and overdrive sounds and features controls for volume and gain, the latter of which adjusts the level of overdrive. There is also an effect section that includes Reverb, Delay, Chorus, and Tremolo.
The first effect control sets the effect level, while the second is used to select the effect type. The effect section and the three-band EQ are shared by both channels, which can be selected using the dedicated button on the amplifier’s front panel or the footswitch that is included in the scope of delivery.
Fender 40″ Guitar Amp A sophisticated entry-level amp
At first glance, the Fender Champion 40’s elegant and eye-catching vintage looks don’t immediately suggest that it is also a great amp for beginners. It also comes at a surprisingly budget-friendly price. Of course, you don’t get an all-tube amplifier for that money, but the Champion’s modelling circuitry nevertheless delivers an impressive sound, and it is less sensitive and requires less maintenance than its tube-driven counterparts, which will also suit beginners down to the ground.
The 40-watt power amp and 1×12” speaker configuration make the Champion 40 the ideal choice for guitarists who want a full-size amplifier with a wealth of features that doesn’t cost a fortune.
About Fender Guitar Amp
Fender is without doubt one of the most legendary guitar and amplifier manufacturers of all time. The company was founded in 1946 by its namesake Leo Fender († 1991), whose innovative ideas brought a breath of fresh air into the musical world. His Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass, and Jazz Bass are not only classics – they also continue to shape the styles of musicians in countless genres to this day.
Timeless Fender amplifier models such as the Bassman, Twin, Deluxe, and Princeton also enjoy a stellar reputation. Besides maintaining its classic product portfolio, however, the company is also constantly developing new products that make Fender a driving force in today’s music industry.
Fender 40″ Guitar Amp A broad palette of sounds
Playing a gig with a Metal band at the weekend and then a Big Band rehearsal on Monday night? Neither of these is a problem for the Fender Champion. Its modelling unit provides a range of fine-tuned sounds from Jazz to Metal, and also includes classic Fender sounds with its Tweed and Blackface settings.
It is precisely this extensive tonal palette that makes the Fender Champion an excellent companion for beginners who have perhaps not yet decided what genre of music they want to make, and of course for players who simply want to cover a range of different styles. This amplifier covers virtually every requirement, and its classic Fender looks are never out of place.
Fender 40″ Guitar Amp Specifications
- Output power: 40 Watt
- 2 Channels
- Equipped with 1x 12″ special design speaker
- Controls for channel 1: volume
- Controls for channel 2: gain, volume, voice
- Controls for channels 1+2: treble, bass, FX level, FX select, tap
- Effects: reverb, delay/ echo, chorus, tremolo, vibratone
- Input and outputs: Aux 1/8” mini stereo jack, headphones 1/8” mini stereo jack
- Foot switch output (matching foot switch: Art. 200048 – not included)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 438 x 438 x 230 mm
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- Design: black bronco vinyl with silver front grill