Yamaha PSR E473 keyboard
- For Intermediate and Advanced Players
- 61 Full-Size Keys, Touch Sensitivity
- 820 High-Quality Sounds/Grand Piano
- 290 Auto-Accompaniment Styles, 30 Songs
- Quick Sampling, Groove Creator
- 12W Speaker System, Headphone Jack
- Live Control Knobs, Pitch-Bend Wheel
- 1/4″ Microphone Input, 3.5mm Aux Input
- USB MIDI, Onboard Audio & MIDI Recorder
- Battery or AC Powered
Yamaha PSR-E473 Portable Keyboard is ideal for intermediate players ready to step up to the next level or advanced players looking for a lightweight instrument for composing and performing on the go. Great for exploring various styles of music, it offers an impressive set of easy-to-use features including two assignable control knobs, a Motion Effect button, and a pitch-bend wheel to manipulate your sound in real time. Quick Sampling, Groove Creator, and Arpeggiator functions, along with a 1/4″ microphone input for vocals, a USB audio/MIDI interface, and two onboard audio and MIDI recorders allow songwriters to compose and capture their performances on the fly. The 12W speaker system offers a Mega Boost function that lets you crank up your sound when playing outdoors or in larger spaces.
The PSR-E473 features 61 touch-sensitive, full-size keys that sense hard and soft playing and match the dynamics of each key stroke to accurately capture every nuance of your playing style. You can enjoy a full range of instruments with 820 high-quality acoustic and synth sounds, including a high-resolution grand piano. The built-in 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks based on the chords you play and in a variety of musical genres from around the world such as pop, rock, dance, jazz, R&B, salsa, and more.
The keyboard can be powered either via six AA batteries (available separately) or by the included power adapter.
- Two assignable knobs allow you to manipulate various effects and parameters on sounds, auto accompaniment, and more in real time, just like on an analog synthesizer.
- Modify the sounds in your performance with Filter, Pitch, and Modulation effects while holding the Motion Effect button.
- The pitch-bend wheel adjusts the pitch of the sound, adding expressivity to sounds like the guitar, sax, and trumpet.
- Hold down the Articulation button to reproduce the sounds of playing techniques that are unique to specific acoustic instruments like guitars, flutes, sax, slap bass, and more.
- Direct Category Access buttons let you instantaneously access the sounds and accompaniments you prefer for the musical genre of your choice.
- 820 high-quality instrument sounds including 294 panel voices, 28 drum/SFX kits, and 458 XGlite voices, all with 64-note polyphony.
- Layer Mode: Not only can you play just one single sound, but you can layer a second sound over the first sound.
- Split Mode: You can play one sound on the left hand and a different sound on the right hand.
- 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks (rhythm + bass + chord accompaniment) that you can control by simply playing root notes or chords with your left hand.
- Smart Chord technology allows players of all levels to achieve complex chord harmony using only a few fingers, driving the Style engine to produce incredible-sounding ensemble accompaniments.
With Quick Sampling samples can be captured using the aux input, microphone input, or onboard USB audio interface, and played back as part of your performance:
- Capture, edit, and playback up to 4 samples, max 9.6 sec/sample.
- Normal: The pitch of the sound varies depending on the key you play.
- Loop: The sample is played in a loop without changing the pitch.
- One-shot: The sample is played only once without changing the pitch.
With Groove Creator, you can lay down a beat, tweak the groove, adjust the mix, and create music like a DJ. Choose from 152 arpeggio phrases with the press of a single key, and quickly capture your inspiration with the 6-track MIDI recorder.
- Create your own groove with intro, section change, and musical climax. By turning each track on/off, altering sections, or adding various effects using the live control knobs you have real-time control of your own EDM tracks.
- Once you have made a track you like, you can save it to a USB device as an audio file.
- The 1/4″ microphone input allows you to connect a microphone, so you can sing along while you play, hear your voice through the instrument’s speakers, and even record your performance to USB audio. The built-in Melody Suppressor lowers the volume of vocals and melody lines of the original recordings, leaving that part open for you to play or sing.
- The 3.5mm aux input allows you to connect your portable music player, Android/iOS device, mixer, or computer and uses the instrument’s speakers to play back the audio and jam along your favorite songs.
- The 6W+6W amplifiers power the high-definition speakers, delivering electrifying, crystal-clear sound, and offering solid support in standalone performance situations. The Mega Boost function lets you greatly increase your sound level by +6 dB at the press of a button.
- Plug in headphones for quiet play at any time.
- The USB to Host terminal allows you to connect the keyboard to a computer or portable device and record MIDI or 16-bit / 44.1 kHz high-quality stereo audio without the need for an additional interface.
- Record your performances to USB flash drives. The USB-to-Device external-memory port lets you load and save your settings and songs to a USB flash drive, as well as transfer data from your computer.